Vice President – Operations Finance
Reporting to the Head of Operations Finance, the VP – Finance & Accounting is responsible for facilitating and ensuring budgetary control, adherence to business plan, overseeing overall financial activities and financial management and reporting of the accounts of SHR Group of companies.
- Develop Finance SOP at international standards and requirements, ensuring any changes made should be updated.
- Obtain and review monthly profit & loss statements, forecast reports, as well as monthly management reports and assist to ensure accuracy of the combined Operations Finance reports of the SHR portfolio.
- Coordinate with Corporate Finance/ Management Accounting team to assist in ensuring proper accounting and financial reporting and consolidation.
- Review Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) budget and requests the properties and relevant procurement process.
- Review annual budget, financial projections, operational cash flow with the management.
- Dealing honestly and fairly with clients, customers, suppliers and financial partners. The long-term success of the Company depends upon establishing mutually beneficial relationships.
- Proactively keeping up to date on industry & technical accounting, finance & taxation matters in the area.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditor on the required information necessary to financial reporting/ internal control.
- Assist the management in monitoring the Hotel Management Agreement (HMA), Franchise Agreements compliance and obligations of both counter parties.
- Seek and encourage continuous improvement of financial performance and prepare management information and analysis to support the business plans.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor of Accounting required.
- Experiences in the accounting and financial controlling and/or internal and external audit functions required,
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards and Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI).
- Business acumen in areas of operational cost control, vendor management and quality assurance, business performance at operational/ strategic level.
- Capability to manage, coach and counsel a team of financial professionals in the performance of their duties and identified goals and objectives including remote team.
- A strong team player with an ability to build effective working environment.
- Committed to achievement of assigned goals and targets.
- Strong analytical skills and attention-to-details.
- Strong speaking and writing English communication skills.
- Ability to exercise restraint over one’s impulses, emotions, or desires at the appropriate time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Excel and ability to work with software applications/ reporting system utilized by property.
- Experiences in hotel business operations, planning, budgeting, and other processes in view of financial controlling, development of cost efficiency program as a plus.
- Experiences in the international accounting/ business as an extra plus.