Location: CROSSROADS Maldives
- Under the general guidance of the Cluster Director of Human Resources is responsible for managing the Resort’s training function, including developing audit of service delivery, systems and processes.
- Establishment of the Resort’s learning and development programs and systems for generating training data and evaluating results.
- Analyze training needs of the Resort and individual departments and develop/facilitate programs and strategies which address needs.
- Present a Training Business Plan for Cluster Director of Human Resources to review.
- Ensure effective training programs are in place and conducted for the following:
- New Team Member Orientation/Brand
- Train the Trainer
- Customer Service Training
- Technical job specific training (in conjunction with HOD’s and Departmental trainers)
- Supervisory Skills Training
- Management Development
- Employee Engagement
- Oversee Fire, Life and Safety Training, including First Aid, Life Saving with relevant professional bodies
- Cultural Awareness for Expats
- Selling Skills
- Oversee wine knowledge training
- Oversee Butler Training
- English language training
- Monitor the progress of the Training Business Plan for each department to ensure that the training objectives are being achieved.
- Maintains all resort training records.
- Establish a training library of books, videos, journals and audio-visual materials to assist departmental trainers in their training programs.
- Design, produce and implement training programs which meet specific departmental needs in conjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans are structured, and that training is effective.
- Attend Departmental training session and critique performance and provide necessary feedback.
- Assist Department Trainers in preparing and conducting departmental training and assess accordingly.
- Prepare and monitor training programs for:
- Management Trainees
- Work Experience
- Hotel School Trainees, etc
- Obtain a network of specialist training professionals who can assist with the conduct of training programs for advanced or specialist training e.g. wine/butler.
- Ensure that Department Heads abides by their responsibilities of team member training against departmental SOPs.
- In consultation with HOD’s produce a monthly training calendar highlighting training, key topics covered and targeted attendees.
- Produce monthly training and reports including:
- Internal /External Training Programs conducted:
- Who attended /who trained
- Number of people attended
- Duration of training
- Anticipated return on investment and/or training goal
- Cost of delivery (including labor cost)
- Liaise with educational institutions conducting hospitality and training courses.
- Maintain current information and records of suppliers of training resources and materials.
- Delivers briefings of all internal programs to executive management and department heads.
- Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions to Line Managers in line with company guidelines.
- Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations.
- Assists with the preparation and administration of on boarding and for new staff.
- Demonstrate a sound awareness of OH&S policies and procedures, ensuring all team members are trained and aware of their responsibilities.
- Champion the identification and reporting of hazards and risks.
- Facilitate the reporting and investigation of injuries and illnesses arising from workplace activities, recommending corrective actions to prevent or minimize the chance of recurrence.
- Works with DHR in the preparation and management of the Training budget.
- Design relevant documentation for QA assessments.
- Conduct QA assessments on departmental operations at least twice per year and provide results to HOD.
- Provide input for service delivery and/or service process improvements.
- Provide feedback and share your views, participate in departmental meetings, briefings, read the notice boards and newsletters.
- Participate in Team Member surveys.
- Participate in a local community activity at least once per annum.
- Work with team to suggest initiatives to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Assist to keep Team living and social areas clean and in good repair.
- Participate in regular discussions with your Manager regarding your Performance and future Career Path.
- Assist with the Reward & Recognition Program, Quarterly and Annual Award functions.
- Review Guest Questionnaires and support team on improvement initiatives.
- Encourage team to provide feedback and to share their views, impart information via departmental meetings, briefings, resort newsletters etc.
- Be revenue driven, cost conscious and aware of financial objectives for the department and Resort.
- Contribute positively and provide both guests and fellow team-members with courteous, hassle-free service.
- Attend as required daily departmental operations briefings.
- Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work area.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices.
- Good command of English language.
- Working in a remote island location is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to motivate and excite learners.
- Without going personality, team player, self managed, problem solving skills, adaptability, resilience, able to multi-task and with healthy lifestyle.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and goal driven.
Bachelor or Master’s degree in education, human resources or related field.
With at least 5years related work experience including 3years in managerial post.