Regional Food and Beverage Director
The Regional Food and Beverage Director is responsible for supporting the planning, development, conceptualization, implementation, administration, and evaluation of Food and Beverage (F&B) programs, initiatives and restaurants for SHR Resorts in Thailand. His involvement supports Food & Beverage departments, including but not limited to the Kitchen, Banquet Operations, Restaurants, Room Service and Bars, to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service. F&B programs/initiatives encompass several F&B functions such as new product development, improving guest satisfaction, program/process/systems improvement, concept evaluation and introduction, financial results, performance management, project management, coaching, and quality. This individual will also improve business performance through the building and the leveraging of property-level F&B & Culinary leadership. The leader in the role must be able to think provocatively and act decisively; seamlessly moving from big-picture to building plans and executing to deliver on bottom line business results.
- Provide F&B leadership and direction at SHR Thailand resorts resulting in a superior guest experience, overall guest satisfaction and engagement, and delivering on financial commitments to stakeholders/shareholders.
- Partner directly with the SVP Ops and property general managers in the continuous development of new products, systems and programs towards improving per person spending and increasing guest satisfaction.
- Partner with SVP Ops and property GMs on development of industry leading F&B initiatives, programs and products with emphasize on our own branded concepts and future new developments.
- Work closely with properties F&B Managers & Culinary heads to create plans and appropriately prepare F&B operations to deliver results.
- Conduct regular property visits and audits in Thailand and provides feedback and follow up to teams at HOF and on properties based on these visits.
- Initiate the development of new and analyzes existing programs and special promotions that will improve guest satisfaction, frequency of return and average spend under the guidelines of properties policies.
- Work closely with local, state and governmental organizations in enforcing all applicable laws.
- Work closely with the F&B Directors and Executive Chefs to ensure compliance and or follow up on hygiene, brand and other audit visits.
- Supports property teams in the handling of all guest complaints in the food and beverage areas at SHR properties.
- Demonstrate and instill a sense of character, integrity and quality to enhance the continuing long-range growth and profitability of the F&B operations in the region.
- Introduce and evaluate sustainable practices at the F&B departments in properties in line with required corporate and property SD policies.
- Supports property F&B and Culinary team in cluster purchase opportunities.
- Involvement and evaluation of multi-year contracts such as “coffee supply agreements”, etc…
- Case by case operational support if and where needed in the absence of property F&B leadership and/or peak period requirements.
- Evaluates CAPEX and OS&E requirements for new and renovation projects.
- Collaborates and initiates “guest Chef” and other “F&B pop-up” opportunities for the Thailand properties.
The successful candidate should possess a broad and diversified food and beverage background in a national or regional food services-driven organization with multiple locations. It is expected that this leader will have experience with F&B programs, operations, and systems.
- Minimum of 3-5 years restaurant F&B operations, with a proven knowledge and understanding of F&B business and operations
- Multi-unit restaurant or multi-unit property leadership experience highly preferred
- Must have ability to work within a corporate environment and as part of a multi-disciplined team of Food & Beverage managers, hotel managers and executives
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be highly skilled in Microsoft Office and hospitality software management systems
- Must have working knowledge of POS systems and back-office reporting systems
- Must have expertise in the profitability analysis and budgeting
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills in long term and immediate situations