Project Engineering Director
This position is part of the senior leadership of the S Hotels and Resorts, requiring the services of a highly experienced individual who has considerable knowledge of hotel operations and practices in the areas of hotel engineering, construction and building renovation, knowledgeable in architectural, interior, structural, mechanical, plumbing & electrical systems. Incumbents are often responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously. Protecting the interests and assets of the organization by ensuring to deliver the project on time, on budget with high quality and compliance to Hotel Technical and Design standards.
- To be able to analyze problems, formulate plans and execute, to develop budgets etc. and necessary scheduling arrangements with a high degree of quality.
- Manage repair and maintenance projects and building improvements by effectively coordinating and planning all tasks in advance of beginning any project. Utilize all possible resources. Coordinate efforts with engineering and other affected departments. Use project management techniques along with the appropriate engineering team members to perform project planning and execution. All methods, materials and practices must meet and be in accordance with local codes, Marriott specifications, national codes, and standard practices. Keep accurate completion and task records in the project files. Materials procurement and coordination of their availability are also critical to the success of your position.
- Supporting SVP Operations to negotiate fees and contracts with vendors for the best benefits of SHR.
- Comment and approve for all design related issues inclusive of esthetic, functional and technical aspects.
- Advise and assist hotels for their renovations.
- Submit weekly/monthly project reports.
- Coordinate project tasks on site, work closely with Singha Estate design & construction teams.
- Work closely with consultants (Interior, MEP – Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing, etc.)
- Responsible to develop and manage regular reporting of performance metrics for energy consumption, waste generation, and sustainability.
- Strive to embed sustainability into all aspects of the business by proactively identifying current, emerging/trending, and potential issues in the area of sustainability, health, and safety.
- Optimize local and corporate sustainability initiatives.
- Has flexibility and able to assign for property visits when needed.
- Excellent English communication skills both in verbal & written.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Engineering Management in 5 stars hotel.
- Experience in controlling large scale projects, budgets, and schedules.
- Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office (word, excel and power point).
- Positive team leader.
- Able to work and converse efficiently with all levels of colleagues, clients and other external contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner with open for changes.
- CAN DO attitude and goals orientated.