Location: Santiburi Koh Samui
We are looking for a commendable, creative and proficient Executive Chef to overlook our kitchens and food & beverage operations and develop its attractiveness as one of Koh Samui’s main culinary destination known for its healthy proposition and making use of local, home grown and seasonal ingredients. In your position, you will have and maintain complete control of the kitchen and service aspects of the department. You will also be responsible for training staff on new recipes, overseeing food preparation, and supervising overall food & beverage operations. You will also be expected to create and rotate menus for breakfast, room service, beach house, pool bar and Thai Restaurants, and ensure that the restaurant’s menus are well aligned with the restaurant’s identity.
- Plan and create menus to meet quality standards.
- Diligently supervise the kitchen staff’s daily activities.
- Give all prepared plates the “final touch” before being served to customers.
- Inspect and maintain the quality of the food.
- Manage and be responsible for any special dietary needs.
- Arrange the purchases and repairs of equipment.
- Recruit, train and develop, and manage kitchen staff.
- Perform and complete administrative duties, attends briefings and meetings.
- Understand staff positions thoroughly to perform duties in their absence.
- Estimate food requirements as well as food/labor costs.
- Be in regular contact and interact with guests, obtain feedback
- Supervise organisation of events, overlook promotion, decoration, entertainment.
- Embrace and further implement sustainability policies, especially in terms of home grown, local and sustainable products sourcing, choice of suppliers adhering to sustainable development practices and support to local community.
- Prior experience in the position and in resorts.
- Prior exposure to F&B Service
- Excellent track record of kitchen management.
- Ability to quickly spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Capability to delegate multiple tasks to kitchen staff.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, weekends, and on public holidays.
- Knowledgeable in Asian/Thai cuisine in addition to French/Italian cuisine cooking capacities.
- Creative in food presentation, aware of the importance of pictures taken by guests.
- Interested to implement aspects of wellness / plant based food.
- Capable of opening / re-opening a restaurant, including menu and menu design concepts.
- Abe to organise promotions, work with guest chefs.
- Good written command of English. Organisation skills.
- Able to work in an open-air environment.
- Good knowledge of local suppliers and of the Thailand hotels & restaurant market.