Cluster Training Manager
Location: Santiburi Koh Samui
This role specifically focuses on the Training and Development discipline of the property however, it is a requirement of this role to also assist the Human Resources Department by fulfilling various Human Resources functions including, Community Relations, Administration, Recruitment, Activities, Employee Satisfaction and Reward & Recognition.
To assume responsibility of the department in the absence of the Human Resources Manager. Efficiency, urgency, confidentiality, and initiative will be essential characteristics for this role. The Cluster Training Manager will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Our team members always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Identify the training needs of each property and approve with Human Resources Manager, Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Manage training and development activities including training budget, training needs analysis and program evaluations.
- Work with department heads to produce an annual training plan by department.
- Coordinate and track all training being carried out in the hotels on an ongoing basis.
- Design, produce and implement training programs to meet specific department/hotel needs.
- Deliver certain hotel-wide training courses for all team members.
- Provide management Training and Development programs to address identified needs and Corporate Policy.
- Train and support departmental trainers, and coordinate training delivered by department trainees.
- Ensure that all new team members attend the Hotel on boarding programs as company policy.
- In conjunction with Department Heads, develop departmental on the On-the-Job training and 15 minutes training schedules that meet departmental operating objectives.
- Ensure all team members receive ongoing training in Corporate Training Programs.
- Evaluate training effectiveness by attending as many training sessions as possible.
- Implement opportunities for quality Team Building.
- Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and team members alike.
- Coordinate social outings for morale as requested by the Human Resources Manager.
- Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety rules, and related “Hotel Brand” and company policies.
- Support recruitment for Language test.
- Carry out any additional duties as requested by the Human Resources Manager.
- This position is for Santiburi Koh Samui and SAii Koh Samui Choengmon.
- Minimum education of Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of hotel/hospitality training experience or at least 3 years of previous hotel experience in any key functions.
- Strong flexibility and willingness to learn and gain multi-tasking skills.
- Possess professional disposition with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have good English communication skills both in written and spoken.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint